- When & where is the event- August 5, 2017 from 2:00-10:00 pm at Centennial Field in Dacono, CO.
- Can I volunteer? Yes please! We have so many jobs that we need your help filling including parking attendants, bounce house attendants, ticket sales, ID checks, spirit vendor helpers & working at the City booth. All counters will receive a t-shirt, 2 drink tickets and a food voucher. We also love group volunteers! If your business or organization would like to volunteer, send us an email at email@example.com if you can help us today.
- What is a spirit tasting & competition? Enjoy craft spirits from area distillers as they not only provide crowd-wide libations, but also face off head to hear in several unique spirits tasking contests to find out who can bring the most spirit. Spirit tasting time from 3-8 pm. Judging will take place 5-6 pm for the categories: best bottle/label, best cocktail and best spirit.
- What souvenirs will be available? Want to remember this event? Be sure to purchase a festival t-shirt for $10 or an annual tasting glass for $15.
- Where do I park? Parking is available in the same field the event is in. We have parking attendants on site to help make this easy and safe.
- This event sounds amazing! Is there anything I can’t do? Every event is different and its important that we look at the safety of everyone while we host you in our City. We ask you to be respectful of the following rules. No dogs. We love our furry friends, but this environment is extremely busy and for everyone’s safety, including your pet, we ask that they stay home. No outside alcohol or bringing glass containers of any kind. No weapons. No smoking.
- What is there for kids to do? From 2-8 pm CVMF plays host to all things kids. Bungee trampolines, climbing walls, balloon artist/magician and bounce castles! An evening of family-friendly events featuring fun for everyone!
- What is there for adults to do? Just a few words here… Beer garden, cocktails & spirits, live music & fireworks!
- What bands will be there? Hold on to you hats! We have quite the line up this year… Cracker, FACE, Chris Daniels & the Kings, My Blue Sky, Kerry Pastine + the Crime Scene, and Generation Nomad.
30 days away!
Today, we are 30 days away from the 10th Anniversary of the Carbon Valley Music & Spirits Festival. My name is Chris K. I am the producer of the music part of the festival, the show emcee, and a Dacono resident for 10 years. I am also the founder and CEO of Rocky Mountain Music Network, LLC. You can read more about me at https://coloradoplaylist.com/about-me/
When I moved to Dacono in 2007, the very first people I met were then city council woman Kay Cole, and then Asst. City Administrator (now City Administrator) A.J. Euckert. I also met other members of the city council, and as soon as they found out I was in the music / concert / festival business, they drafted me to produce the first show – the 100th birthday of Dacono.
They wanted Willie Nelson. They got, for the first year, esteemed Colorado fiddle master Doug Kershaw.
A.J., city clerk Valerie Taylor and I have teamed up every year since, and enlisted the aid of several members of city council and city hall along the way to produce the event. None of this would have happened over the past decade without the loyalty of my friends here in Dacono – and the willingness to produce the best “rock and roll show” in the region.
Along the way, we worked hard on various ideas to enhance our annual event, and right about five years ago now we became the first to host a “spirits competition” event – spotlighting six to eight of the region’s up and coming spirits distilleries.
Musically, over the past ten years, we’ve hosted some of Colorado’s best – including Drew Emmitt (Leftover Salmon), Kyle Hollingsworth (the String Cheese Incident), Colorado Music Hall of Fame band Flash Cadillac, and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Colorado Music Hall of Fame member, Richie Furay (Buffalo Springfield, Poco) to name a few.
Some of Colorado’s best have also played support slots over the years, including revered blues and R&B songstress Hazel Miller (Big Head Todd & the Monsters) and Colorado Music Hall of Fame member Chris Daniels and the Kings, with the legendary Freddi Gowdy (Freddi Henchi Band).
No other act has appeared at our event over the years most often than the Kings …and they’re back this year to help us celebrate 10 years of great community, music and spirits.
Last year we reached out to Cracker – cofounded by another Colorado resident, Johnny Hickman. Due to popular demand, we’re bringing them back for the 10th Anniversary party.
This year’s event is at the top of the 10 shows we’ve done to date. While it took me a few years to get done, the incredibly popular award winning vocal band FACE will be up in front of Cracker in direct support — the evening BEFORE they headline their own show at Red Rocks.
Two time Leftapalooza Competition winners (2014, 2015) My Blue Sky will bring their tribute to the Allman Bros Band to the stage, and Kerry Pastine & the Crime Scene will be back by popular request as well.
I’ve known most of these entertainers for years now, and could not be more honored to bring my home city one of the best shows we’ve done in the past 10 ten years.
One of the special things I’ve always made sure was incorporated was a slot at the very beginning of the show for a youth act (10-18 yrs old). As a parent and grandparent it’s a joy to see our children and grandchildren in the region test their wings on a large performance stage at a significant event. This year’s entry is Generation Nomad, a rock quartet from Denver who pattern themselves after bands like Catfish and the Bottlemen, and Hunna among others.
I’m looking forward to this year’s show – and to the next ten years.
Happy Anniversary Dacono.
Rocky Mountain Music Network LLC
Calling all volunteers!
The Carbon Valley Music Festival is a little over a month away and its time for us to do a Volunteer Roll Call! We have so many jobs that we need your help filling including parking attendants, bounce house attendants, ticket sales, ID checks, spirit vendor helpers & working at the City booth. All volunteers will receive a t-shirt, 2 drink tickets and a food voucher.
We also love group volunteers! If your business or organization would like to volunteer send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help us today.